With Free-Form scan alignment, you can take several scans of an object which overlap each other and align in-app. This is currently limited to a maximum of 10 scans but will improve with future updates to our software.
Steps to alignment scans :
- Open a scan in the Eora 3D app library you wish to align
- Click on the "EDIT" pen on the top right
- In the edit tool bar which appears on the left, select the "ALIGN" tool (last button in edit toolbar).
- The library will reappear. Select the consecutive scan to add to the scan.
- This will appear on the app in a split screen with the first scan on top and the second selected scan below.
- From here, it is similar to aligning scans done on the turntable. Select 7 common points between the 2 scans
- To add more scans,
- Select the "EDIT" pen.
- Select the "ALIGN" tool again.
- Select the scan to add
- Select which scan to align it with from the previous alignment
This aligning step is currently limited to 10 scans maximum. Once you are done aligning, the file will be saved as one file. This can then be exported as a mesh.
NOTE: This is a very basic implementation of Free-Form alignment and will improve with future updates and optimisations.