Turntable scanning remains more or less the same except there is no need for an alignment scan anymore.
- Head to the Scan Screen
- Select turntable form the bottom of the scan screen
- Simply align the yellow crosshair on-screen with the turntable's crosshair in the centre
- Place your target object and hit go!
Note: No alignment scan is necessary. Just roughly align cross-hair of turntable with the yellow cross-hair on screen. It does not have to be precise.
Turntable scans are set to perform 10 scans. The number of scans are shown in the colourful scanning button. Once all scans are complete, the model viewer will appear with the exploded view of the scan.
Obtaining 360 scans is a 2 step process.
- Perform Turntable scan
- Align scans to obtain 360 model
To Align these scans:
- Click on the "Tools" icon on the right Utility Tray in the Model viewer.
- In the Tool Tray which appears on the bottom, select the "Align" tool (last button in edit toolbar).
- This will then ask you to select 2 scans to align.
- Then it will appear on the app in split screen mode with the first scan on top and the second selected scan below.
- From here - select 7 pairs of common points between the 2 scans.
- Once this is done, hit the "tick" on the top right to align.
- Voila! You now have a 360 aligned model containing 10 scans.
You can export this, edit the model or inspect normals.
Here's a quick video:
In this video, an Assassins creed toy is scanned on the turntable. The resulting 10 scans are displayed together.
Here's the final high-resolution model on Sketchfab: https://skfb.ly/6xnNC