To make sure you get the most accurate results you'll need to calibrate your scanner.
Calibration is a simple 2-scan process that takes approximately 2 minutes or 5 minutes for the high-resolution scanning mode.
- In the App, click on the Calibrate icon ( top right most button)
- Make sure the calibration board is 100% vertical
- Center the calibration board within the bounding box
- Click Scan - > Wait for scan sequence to complete (do not move the scanner until you've been notified that the sequence has completed)
- Center the calibration board within the smaller bounding box
- Click Scan - > Wait for scan sequence to complete (again do not move the scanner until you've been notified that the sequence has completed)
- Processing will start automatically and advise whether calibration was successful
- Make sure that there is no light reflecting on the calibration board
- It is best to calibrate during the day so there is a mix of lighting, including natural lighting
- Keep lighting constant throughout the scanning sequences
- Ensure that the calibration board is 100% vertical
- Make sure the calibration board fills the bounding box from edge to edge and top to bottom in both scans - you may need to raise the height of the calibration board as can be seen in the image above
- When mounting your phone, it should rest flat on the table to add support and stability to the scanner (this can be seen in the image below)
The below image highlights two of the common issues, there is light reflecting on the calibration board and it's not centered.
Here is a quick video explaining how to test the calibration:
- Run a test scan on a flat surface like a wall
- Rotate model to confirm that the result correctly represents the flat surface